Saturday 25 January 2014

Mac Lipsticks | First Impressions

Mac Lipstick - 'Creme Cup'


Hello everyone, I recently picked up my first ever Mac lipstick in the shade, yes you guessed it creme cup. Creme cup has been the cult favourite Mac lipstick for as long as I can remember. Today I am going to give you my first impressions.

Before spending a ridiculous £15 on a lipstick I did some research to find out the shade I wanted to purchase. The shade that kept cropping up was creme cup and of course that lead to me buying it, who could resist? Almost all the reviews I read about Mac lipsticks in general had positive feedback and I can see why. I bought creme cup which is a creme sheen finish, so is there for not drying and has a nice mate but glossy finish.

When I first opened the lipstick, the first thing that came to my mind was the smell, it smells amazing! It smells exactly like cupcakes which is in no way a bad thing. The actual colour of creme cup is a pinky nude shade, which I personally love. I've heard that all Mac lipsticks are amazing quality and this is no exception. At first swatch I could see it was highly pigmented, and not overly pink but buildable. When applied onto the lips it has a smooth application and it gilds onto the lips. I applied one layer, however if you wanted a stronger pink tone then you could build it up more. The shade of the lipstick is such a universal shade and would suit so many different skin colours. I have quite pale skin and it didn't make me look dead at all, it's like a my lips but better shade. Because of it being a creme sheen finish it does not dry out your lips at all and I find it to actually be quite moisturizing. The lasting power of the lipstick isn't amazing and doesn't last all day and it does need touch ups throughout the day however it does last a good while compared to others I have tried. Overall, after trying out my first ever Mac lipsticks I know I will be picking more up soon, they are definitely worth the price and are such better quality than some drugstore lip products.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I don't know if I'd pay £15 for a lipstick, I tend to look for dupes? I'm currently holding a giveaway on my blog, it's not much but it'd be great if you could enter :)
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/giveaway-thank-you-for-100-followers.html x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try MAC lipstick for ages but I have naturally pouty lips and often lipstick looks ridiculous on them. However, this year I think I am going to have to splurge and buy one! X
    http://e-m-ss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS