Wednesday 29 January 2014

New On The Market - Revlon Colourburst Balms




Hello everyone and I'm starting a new series on this blog called new on the market, in this series I will post about new products that have just recently hit the shelves. Today I am going to be talking about the latest release that has had the blogging industry going crazy, that is the new 'Revlon Colourburst Lacquer and Matte Balms'.

As soon as I heard these were being released I was on a constant check in with Boots to see when they would emerge into my nearest store. When I finally found them I decided not to go overboard and pick out all the shades which I would probably never end up wearing, instead I chose one Matte and one Lacquer balm in the colours I know I would end up wearing often. Each they cost £7.99, however they are currently on offer for 3 for 2 in Boots which is across all Revlon Products. 

Top - Lacquer Balm in 'Demure', Bottom - Matte Balm in ' Elusive'
                           
I picked up the Matte Balm in the Shade 205 Elusive, which is a traditional blue toned pink shade. The finish of these balms are velvety soft and are not drying at all, which is what some matte lip products can do. This particular shade is very universal and would suit pretty much anyone. The matte balms have crazy pigmentation and will stay put all day, with out reapplication. It is also a build able product and you are able to create a very bold lip or keep it subtle, which is personally what I like to do.

Bottom - Matte Balm in 'Elusive, Top - Lacquer Balm in 'Demure'

I picked up the Lacquer Balm in the shade 105 Demure, which is more of a nude pink with shimmer. These balms compared to the Matte Balms are a lot more sheer but also build able. The finish of these balms are glossy and have a high finish to them. I find the Lacquer balms are more creamy and really glide onto the lips and make your lips appear plumper. As to be expected the Lacquer Balms have less pigmentation and therefore less lasting power, which to me is not a set back as I like the overall glossy finish and for that I don't mind reapplying it through out the day. This particular shade of lip product goes really well with a neutral eye look and also a universal shade for everyone.

These drugstore lip products, are high quality and I would recommend them to anyone. I would expect something of this quality to be high end. Overall I personally prefer the Lacquer Balms as I feel the colour is much more wearable for day to day use, however over the finish the Matte Balm wins it due to their long lasting power and the velvety application onto your lips. I will definitely be picking up more shades in this lip product. Leave your comments below with your favourite shade of the Revlon ColourBurst Balms? Thank you for reading and be sure to check back when I next post.


2 comments:

  1. I really want to try these out soon! :)
    I look forward to reading more in this series. Great post lovely!

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should I highly recommend these shades in particular, also thankyou so much lovely.xx

      Delete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS