Friday 21 February 2014

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag | City Break




Hello everyone, as you are reading this I am most probably in London. As I am travelling this weekend I figured I would do a what's in my makeup bag post, and show you what I like to take with me for a short city break.

My makeup bag is from Cath Kidston, it's the smallest size. I use this as when I go away for the weekend I don't want to take my whole collection with me, just the essentials and this makeup bag is the perfect size.


The first things in my makeup bag are my brushes. I have the Ecotools powder brush, for powder; Models Own angled blush brush, for contour; real techniques base shadow brush, for the crease; Ecotools flat shadow brush, for all over the lid; Real Techniques accent brush, for smudging out eyeliner and finally the Real Techniques detailer brush, for concealer. I like to take all of these brushes as most of them are multipurpose.


For bases I am taking my trustworthy Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 15, and the Revlon Colourstay BB Cream, in case I want a fuller coverage.


To set that in place I am taking the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which unfortunately is starting to look a bit worse for wear.


Also to add a bit of definition to my face I am taking my Sleek Face Contour Kit, which comes complete with a bronzer and highlight. 


Next I have my chosen lip products, I usually stick to two products; one for day and one for night. This time I have chosen my Mac lipstick in the shade 'Creme Cup' which I have posted about here, also for the night I am taking a slightly darker shade which is the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in the shade 'Elusive' which I have reviewed here.


Moving onto the eyes, mascara is my key makeup item and can't go out without it. I think it really completes any look. I am taking my trusty Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express mascara in 'black'. Which is my all time favourite mascara for both lengthening and volumizing.


For eyeliners I stick to the basics with a liquid, pencil and cream. Here I am taking the Rimmel Scandaleyes liquid eyeliner, which has a small nib for precise application. Also the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Pencil in the shade 'nude', which I apply on the waterline and it really brightens them up. I am finally taking the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade 'Milk', which I use for highlight.


For eye shadows I keep to what I know. I take a base in this case the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade 'On and On Bronze'. I take also two eye shadows on for the lid and one for the crease, here I am taking Mac's in the shades 'All That Glitters for the lid and 'Sable' for the crease, which I have reviewed here.

Those are all the makeup items I am taking to London. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know your essentials for travelling, and what stays in your makeup bag. 


8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! my essentials would have to be max factor mascara, ysl lipstick and bobbi brown moisture rich foundation xx
    www.peachy-milk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou are YSL lipsticks worth their price range?xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post! And i adore your makeup bag!! You've got so much nice make up too! I also just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a liebster award tag if you're interested on my blog! (prettyinglamm.blogspot.co.uk) :) lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Dear.
    your makeup bag is so compact able to carry it easily..
    nice..

    europe tour package

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures with us . those are really beautiful .
    Singapore Malaysia tour packages from INDIA

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS