Wednesday 23 April 2014

Tanya Burr Lips and Nails | First Impressions



Hello everyone, I am probably one of the last bloggers to get my hands on Tanya Burr's new makeup line called Tanya Burr Lips and Nails. As soon as I heard Tanya was releasing her own line of makeup, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for it. I went on the websites and stalked all of the colours and chose my favourites. They are available on Feel Unique and now in stores in some larger Superdrug. If I hadn't restrained myself I can assure you I would have come out with every different shade, but in the end I went for the neutral shades that I would be able to wear over and over.

The lip gloss I picked up is in the shade 'Just Peachy' it is a gorgeous peachy nude shade with tiny flecks of shimmer that are hardly noticeable. They retail for £6.99, I personally think that's an amazing price for a drugstore lip product. These lip glosses are super pigmented, and have a consistency more like a liquid lipstick. I love the formula, as it's isn't too sticky but not matte in any way, so it doesn't sink into the fine lines in your lips but adds a really nice glossy finish to them. I can't not do a first impressions and not mention how amazing these lip glosses smell! they honestly smell exactly like strawberry laces to me, which makes me want to eat it but I'm pretty sure they're inedible. After applying the lip gloss I noticed how well the colour lasted! after I drank and ate the glossy finish did fade however the colour seemed to stain my lips and leave a 'your lips but better' shade which I have to say I loved.



Funny enough the nail polish I picked up in 'Peaches and Cream' looks almost exactly the same colour as the lip gloss. I know 'Peaches and Cream' is a blogger favourite, which is one of the main reasons I picked it up! The nail polishes retail for £5.99 which again is an affordable price. The shade of nail polish I haven't really seen before, it's a peachy warm toned nude, you usually see pink toned nudes so this is a great lead on from that. I am a huge fan of nude nails, as they make it appear your wearing no polish and overall just makes your nails look nicer and well finished. Once I had applied it, it seemed to dry quite quickly surprisingly, I though it would take longer as it is a thick formula and the polish itself was really opaque after two coats. I found that this polish didn't chip on me easily and lasted me almost a full week without chipping and my nails are usually prone to peeling and chipping after a day or two. 

Overall I would highly recommend checking out Tanya's collection, it's really worth it! Both products are high quality and I love both of them. I hope you enjoyed this post and leave a comment below telling me what I should pick up next from the line? Thank you for reading.


3 comments:

  1. Im so jealous! I've been wanting to try some of her products for the longest time now. Sadly they don't sell them in Poland :(
    http://www.alexandramariek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS