Wednesday 4 June 2014

Shine Be Gone






I myself suffer from quite oily skin and like most others struggle with controlling the shine that will build up on my face throughout the day. I know many teenagers like myself struggle with oily skin and it's a part of growing up, but there are ways to keep it under control!

Use a mattifying primer:
When you have oily skin your makeup can tend to 'melt' off by the end of the day, so to keep it in place using any type of primer would help your foundation/concealer lasting power. However to further help the look of your skin try using a primer that mattifies your skin, such as the 'Baby Skin Primer' that will lock in any excess oils and erase pores.

Powder:
Of course an important step to keeping your face shine free is to powder! Try using a translucent powder so it won't look cakey over your base the one I use is 'Rimmel Stay Matte', this is a great drugstore powder that has many great reviews. It is great at reducing shine. When applying it use a denser brush like the 'Real Techniques Buffing Brush' this will really pack the powder onto your skin leaving a less powdered look and you'll find it will keep you matte for longer.

Blot:
A step people often don't think of is to blot your face using blotting sheets. Most of the time I don't have my powder with me, so I just carry around these 'Kleenex Blotting Sheets' unlike other blotting sheets they don't contain powder, they just absorb up all the excess oils that have gathered on your skin. I like to use these after PE and whenever my face feels oils, but also right before I powder to make sure all the oils are off my face It keeps my powder on for longer and makes my face feel fresher.

I hope this helps everyone who suffers from oily skin. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed.



4 comments:

  1. What other powders have you tried? I'm currently using the collection powder, which I really like because it goes light enough for my skin tone! Would you recommend the Rimmel stay matte one, as I do oily skin around my T zone ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seventeen Miracle Matte is said to be good- you can find it in boots����

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'll check it out for sure.

      Georgia x

      Delete
    3. The only other powder I have tried was the Rimmel clear Complextion one and although it was good I preferred the stay matte, you seem to have te same skin type as me as I get very oily in my t zone so I think this may work for you!

      Georgia

      Delete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS