Wednesday 16 July 2014

Primed and Ready




Primers are the thing that can make or break your makeup. Today I am going to be comparing two primers that claim to do different things. The two primers I am going to compare are the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser and the Nivea Express Hydration Primer. Both are very different formulations and finishes.

It's important to prime your skin if your going to be wearing your makeup for longer periods of time, as it prevents your makeup sliding off your face and will help it look better for longer. I don't wear primer often but if I'm going to a party or event I will wear one to make sure my makeup lasts all day and night. If you are working long days, Primer is a step you do not want to miss.

The Maybelline Primer is on the more pricier side of the two primers at £7.99, it claims to erase pores and help reduce shine. Whilst the Nivea one claims to smooth and hydrate your skin at more than half the price at £2.49. Out of the two I prefer the Nivea primer as it gives a smooth appearance to your skin and gives you added hydration which is an important step in your skincare, the Maybelline primer on the other hand does smooth out your pores and reduces shine. I suffer from oily skin and it really does help my makeup last longer also helps keep my skin matte.The downside of this product is that it made my skin break out after I used it a couple of times. It was for that reason I know prefer the Nivea one, nobody likes spots.

For the price I would choose the Nivea one, it's a highly affordable product, that I would repurchase over. I rarely wear primer but for those days I do I would choose the Nivea over the Baby Skin. Although I prefer the matte finish the Baby Skin primer gave, the fact that it broke me out put me off, and for that reason I go for the Nivea one. Depending on the look you are going for, these primers work well but remember different skin types react differently to products do it's important to get a primer best suited to your skin. 

I have done a full review on the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser but this is an updated opinion to read my older post click here. I hope this post proved useful and thank you for reading.




3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the baby skin but i absolutely love the Nivea one, it just smooths everything out! Lovely post!

    http://amytalks96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried baby skin but the Nivea one is great, is feels light and fresh although i really want to try a bare minerals primer or the body shop primer! Great Post!

    http://owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS