Sunday 21 February 2016

Becoming Pescartarian


After a long time spent contemplating with myself I finally decided to bite the bullet and become pescatarian. This is something I have been pondering over for a while now as I have never really enjoyed eating meat over the past few years because I'm against the morals, but I was always scared to give up something that was such a big part of my diet. As I have gotten older I have become more accustomed to what I am putting into my body and think before I buy something in the shop, whether it be food or a beauty product and that is what pushed me to go pescartarian. For anyone who is considering giving up meat, taking the first step is often the hardest but when you get going you really just get used to it. I didn't eat meat a great deal in the past year, so taking the first step didn't have the greatest effect on me. I just have to be more careful when picking things on a menu but I often went for the veggie options even before becoming pescatarian.

After I had given up meat I felt a lot more comfortable in my morals and what I stand for as a person, as I know feel like I stand true to my beliefs, not contradicting them. My diet hasn't really changed a great deal, I am just switching out meat for veggie alternatives or fish. Many people say pescartarian's will lack in iron or protein, but I make sure I get that by eating a lot of greens and beans, nuts and pulses along with fish. Along as you don't cut out food groups you'll be fine. But what I can say is that on a whole I feel a lot better in myself and I am happy with the choices I have made. Since making the switch I have noticed an improvement in my skin. I used to get a lot more spots around my chin and forehead area and although it may be coincidental I am putting it down to me cutting out meat.

This is one small step I have taken to sticking to my morals and I hope to take more in the near future to better myself as a person. I think that the most important thing is to respect anyone's choices they make and choose to stick by and not force upon opinions onto them. So, after around a month of being meat-free I hope you will enjoy following me along this journey of mine!
 

20 comments:

  1. I have contemplated becoming vegetarian but I think being pescetarian might be easier! Great post x

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great first step to take if you're thinking about it!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  2. I went pescetarian about three years ago and I've never looked back. I never crave meat and I feel a lot healthier for not eating it. I still eat fish mainly because I'm quite prone to anemia and I need to have plenty of iron sources, but I would like to try and give it up in the future, health depending!
    Good luck! x

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither do I! Good for you lovely! You've just got to do what's best for you!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  3. I've been pescetarian for almost two years now and since the beginning of this year, I've also stopped eating fish, mainly because it sometimes makes me feel sick and I never liked it too much.
    I did eat meat sometimes though (and thinking back I feel really bad about it), especially during my semester in Australia, because my host family just didn't accept that I did not want to eat meat. So, as you can probably see, I totally agree with you: It's important to respect other's choices.
    x Vivi

    This is my world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! Well done! It's all about doing what is best for you! At first my mum was a little reluctant at first but then she came around.

      Georgia x

      Delete
  4. Good for you! I've been a vegetarian since I was 6 and I've never looked back. Chia seeds are also great for protein and so good in a chia seed pudding :)

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! I'm yet to try them, but I've heard lots about them.

      Georgia x

      Delete
  5. I'd very much like to go pescartarian, because I don't eat much meat as it is however my family does and I'm still living under the same roof as them, great post though I'm re thinking it all and maybe I can persuade my Mum to cook more vegetarian/pescartarian meals!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents eat meat and I just have alternative meals if they are eating meat, it just works out! Thank you lovely!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  6. It definitely takes a lot to stick to your morals, especially when it involves a lifestyle change so good on your for following your heart!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I became vegetarian a few months back and it was the best decision I have ever made :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's amazing you are sticking to your morals xx

    Sophie | ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's amazing you are sticking to your morals xx

    Sophie | ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a pescatarian since birth, it's so nice to see more people taking it up! Lentils and chickpeas are a really good source of protein and fiber too, good luck with not eating meat! Xx
    Www.geraldineswonderfulworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing, happy for you. I'm slowly cutting down meat and trying to eat fish instead and then maybe I can become a vegetarian in the end.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! When I become more independent I want to give up meat when I can cook for myself!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  12. I've wanted to stop eating meat for years now but whilst I still live with my parents I still must eat meat sometimes :( I don't have time to cook for myself and think it's unfair to ask them to cook alternative meals for me. Therefore, I have invented 'optional vegetarianism', where I basically avoid meat every time I have a choice haha. It's small steps and I can't wait to cut it completely!

    Eliza xo | www.lipglossandpaperbacks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about balance! I am fortunate enough to that my mum cooks me alternatives. But when I become more independent I do hope to give up fish also when I am able to cook for myself! Every little thing helps!

      Georgia x

      Delete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS