Sunday 7 June 2015

Mac Velvet Teddy | Review



This lipstick really is a blast from the past. The dark nude lip colour was worn all over early magazines and on the streets in the 70's and now its making a reappearance and being honest I wasn't expecting myself to own such a colour.

I have been trying to get my hands on Mac's Velvet Teddy for some time now, and for the most of it, was completely sold out almost everywhere I looked. Although recently restocked I spotted it online on Debenhams and grasped at the chance to purchase it.

Out of all the Mac lipsticks I have ever owned I have never tried their matte formula's, however I had never been a fan of matte finishes as I found them to sink into the fine lines of my lips and dry them out. To contrast however the formula of Velvet Teddy is the opposite, it's not much different to a lustre in a sense that it doesn't sink into the lines of your lips so long as you moisturise. With it being a matte finish the lasting power of the little lipstick is amazing, if I weren't to eat it would stay on all day no doubt, even after a meal though there are still remains of it on your lips as a stain. The colour of Velvet Teddy drew me to it firstly as I have always stuck to the pink side of the nude spectrum, ad when I saw this, being a dark nude, at first I was reluctant. Once jumping on the bandwagon I couldn't be more happier after trying it out. It complements my pale complexion and is a step up from my usual pinky nude.

On a whole I am happy to welcome this Mac lipstick into my growing collection as a firm current favourite. What are your current favourite lip shades?

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to try the Velvet Teddy, unfortunately I'm still a Mac virgin but I think this could be my first ever Mac product soon!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try! I'm never going back :)

      Georgia x

      Delete
  2. I've recently gotten hold of this too - it's a lighter nude than I usually wear but I'm liking it so far! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAC is a brand I would love to indulge in more however having no job doesn't really allow me to do this! This colour is gorgeous though, lovely review Georgia!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite an indulgent beauty product! Thank you lovely.

      Georgia x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color!!! :) Such a cute blog
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS